Kindness

Kindness is essential in our daily lives.
I will share weekly a new post with a message of how powerful kindness really can be.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Old Fashioned and All Natural Cold Remedy

I'm not the type of person who likes to 'drug' up on prescription or over-the-counter meds unless absolutely necessary - as would be in the case of a serious infection, heavy-duty pain, etc. (you get the picture). My preference is to take the natural route for get-well (and hopefully quick) recoveries.

Searching through the vast knowledge of information we're provided with on the Internet I came across several simple natural cold remedies. Because of the many dying brain cells I've been experiencing of late I thought if I came across one particular recipe that peaked my interest it would probably be a good idea to write it down on a notepad (rather than trust my memory) and tuck it away for future reference.

Then it happened. My yearly cold/sinus infection, which almost comes like clock-work early winter, didn't arrive until late January this year 2013. (Maybe the fact that I had the flu early winter 2012 had something to do with it. That big old stinking flu just wasn't going to step aside for that little old cold.)

After waking up one cold morning with a wicked sore throat - BINGO - I pulled out the notepad which held the written remedy (it was an amazing fact that I found the notepad) and began taking
the mixture immediately.

After three days of being diligent with this concoction I WAS HEALED! Sore throat disappeared 1st day. I never had any other associated cold symptoms such as chills or lack of appetite. As a matter of fact I remained quite active in the kitchen during this entire period. During the second and third day the sinus burning and running eyes greatly subsided. On the fourth day, although a slight nasal issue remained, I felt so good I decided to skip my dosage and on the fifth day it was over. Not developing a sinus infection was pleasant! Yes, it could have very well been a mild cold strain but then again this remedy could have been the cold killer of all times and just beat it to death. I'm definitely not wishing for another cold but should one catch me off guard I will not hesitate to follow this miracle mixture again and again and again.

Alright (drum roll please) here is the terrific old-fashioned cold-cure recipe I'm thrilled to brag about and hopefully you will be willing to give it a try when 'the cold' gets a grip on you.

INGREDIENTS:

1 tsp honey,
1/4 tsp cinnamon

DIRECTIONS: 

Mix the two ingredients together and take twice a day for minimum of 3 days


TIPS:
  1. I enjoyed it best when adding the mixture to a hot cup of green tea.
  2. Although some sites recommend using organic honey and cinnamon I did not and still had excellent results.
  

It doesn't get any simpler or healthier.



Here's to a happy and healthy new year
to you and yours!
















No comments:

Post a Comment