Kindness

Kindness is essential in our daily lives.
I will share weekly a new post with a message of how powerful kindness really can be.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Homemade Counter Disinfectant

Too many cleaning products mean too many of them sitting on your shelf and too much money you're spending. I was able to find a home-made counter disinfectant recipe that works especially great for the counter top, toilet, sink, stove top, refrigerator door, etc. (It even worked great cleaning up an indescribable something  that the cat left for me on the basement’s concrete floor.)  Imagine the convenience of having one bottle of cleaning fluid that does it all – removes grease and grime, gifts from the cat and disinfects at the same time
 

To begin with you’ll need a large spray bottle to store the liquid (I purchased a 25 fl oz spray bottle at Home Depot.)  I wrote the ingredients on the outside of my bottle to make it easier when refilling. Most of the time I keep my bottle sitting on the counter top but if I’m feeling neat I'll store it under the kitchen sink. One bottle, one solution.


Simply measure and pour the following ingredients into the spray bottle and you’re good to spray.

  • 2 tablespoons ammonia
  • 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 16 oz of water

On another note......

Are you possibly interested in knitting an all cotton cleaning cloth to go along with your new cleaning product as shown in the pictures? Click here for a beginner's pattern that I followed to learn how to knit one.....and I've been making them ever since. They are fantastic to use to wash dishes and/or for general cleaning. The cotton fibers wring out easy and quickly air dries.

If you decide you want to knit the washcloth I suggest you knit at least two of them. Depending on your age there just might be a possibility that should you get interrupted while using one during your cleaning task you could very well forget where you left it. I know this from experience. I misplaced one of my old raggedy ones during my 2011 Christmas cleaning efforts and found it hanging from the ceiling fan light weeks later!!! Must have been a senior moment, ya think?



No comments:

Post a Comment